Lengthy proving time for this recipe so luckily(!) we had a rainy day at home to help stick around the kitchen for all of that time.
- Recipe chosen for Matnakash
- Cooking method: Oven
- Faithfulness to recipe: Exact
- Met expectations? Yes, it was a soft and slightly chewy type of bread similar to a turkish bread and some similarities to Bosnian somun which I know well enough.
- Would cook again? Maybe. There was quite a lot of proving time so it’s not convenient.
- The taste test rated on a score of 5: 4. Was popular with all testers and it also tasted great with some pavlaka on top (like a sour cream spread. You can buy this in Balkan countries)
- 500g bread flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 350ml water
- 2-3 tablespoons of oil, (olive oil is the best) but you can use any you like
This is quite a detailed recipe and I followed it directly so rather than reproduce it here, it’s best to refer directly to the recipe I used.