So for this bread I got to make use of the newly bought loaf tin again. I think there will be some more loafs coming up eventually. This bread was more like a cake.
- Recipe chosen for Belgian tea loaf.
- Cooking method: Oven
- Faithfulness to recipe: Minor modifications. I omitted cream of tartar because I couldn’t find it anyway. I went to over 10 stores in both Bosnia and Croatia. Dr Oetker make it and they have other baking products from that brand here but no cream of tartar that I found.
- Met expectations? Mostly.
- Would cook again? No. For me it turned out a bit crumbly, though the taste was nice. If I was going to cook a sweet bread with raisins again, there are many others to try instead.
- The taste test rated on a score of 5: 3.5. Anything sweet automatically gets a higher ranking from my taste test team.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of raisins
- 4oz butter or margarine (~112g)
2 cups of plain flour
1 beaten egg
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking powder
Easy to follow recipe – best to go to the source.