Ooh, some different flavours for this one. This bread was a lovely change. Just make sure you bake it on a day before you need to clean the floor. There are a lot of seeds that go everywhere. A lot. The crust comes out quite crunchy but the inside was soft and not doughy.
- Recipe chosen for cypriot village bread
- Cooking method: Oven
- Faithfulness to recipe: Yes
- Met expectations? Yes.
- Would cook again? Probably. It was something different to the breads.
- The taste test rated on a score of 5: 4. The fennel added a nice tough and it was refreshing to have a bread with a hard seedy crust and a soft inside.
- 1/2 tsp dried fennel seeds. (Hopefully you can grind these down in a quick way. I used a mortar and pestle and it was a little slow going…)
- Scant 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 oz instant yeast (3 packets)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 oz sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. caraway seed
- 1/2 tsp. dried powdered cumin
Again, the method for the recipe I used has all that you need and a few more photos of the process as well.