This was a very interesting bread to cook. I’ve never eaten anything like it before: a rye flat bread that is somewhere between and pancake and a tortilla in it’s lightness.
- Recipe chosen for flatkaka
- Cooking method: Oven
- Faithfulness to recipe: Yes
- Met expectations? Well, I didn’t really have any expectations on taste and texture, only to get it looking like the photos I’d seen!
- Would cook again? Yes, it was quite quick in the end and seemed healthy enough.
- The taste test rated on a score of 5: 3.5. It was a lovely bread, but not as exciting as some of the other sweeter breads.
- 200g rye flour
- 100g whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250-300ml boiling water
- All purpose flour when rolling out the dough.
Refer to the detailed photos and instructions here