This is another bread with the name, Pogača (like the Serbian bread I recently baked) but this one turned out drier. That was to be expected considering the amount of margarine in the Serbian version compared with the small amount of oil for this bread.
- Recipe chosen for Belokranjska Pogača
- Cooking method: Oven
- Faithfulness to recipe: Yes
- Met expectations? Yes.
- Would cook again? No. It was just a little boring compared with other similar breads, and was a little dry.
- The taste test rated on a score of 5: 3. Although the kids were keen to eat more of it.
Note: I halved this recipe as I didn’t want to make 4 breads.
1 kg flour (plain/all-purpose)
2 tbs salt
1 tbs sugar
2 tbs oil
2 packages of dried yeast
Approx. 700ml warm water
- Mix all the ingredients and form a dough.
- Leave to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to200°C.
- Spread the dough evenly onto a baking tray.
- Using a knife, gently slice squares into the top of the dough. and glaze it with the beaten egg.
- The cake can be sprinkled with salt. B
- ake in a pre-heated oven for approximately 45 minutes at 200°C.