- Recipe chosen for Knäckebröd
- Cooking method: Oven
- Faithfulness to recipe: Mostly. I used only one type of Spelt flour because that was all I could find in the stores. I also replaced Rapeseed oil with sunflower oil. I had to add some more spelt flour as the mixture seemed to watery at first and not paste-like enough.
- Met expectations? Yes. It was very tasty.
- Would cook again? Yes. It seemed like a nice alternative to the gluten-heavy yeasty breads I’ve baked for most of the rest of Europe!
- The taste test rated on a score of 5: 4.5. The kids weren’t as impressed but that just meant more for the adults!
- 100ml Spelt wholegrain flour
- 100ml Spelt flour
- 100ml Sunflower seed
- 50ml Pumpkin seed
- 50ml Linseed
- 50ml sesame seed
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 50ml Rapeseed oil
- 2500ml warm water
- Mixed all ingredients into a paste.
- Oil a baking tray and pre-heat oven to 150C.
- Spread mix out onto the oiled baking tray and baked at 150 C for around an hour.
- Leave to cool and then remove from the pan and cut or break into large chunks.